Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Please help-tight situation!!

gmhouston
09-12-2006, 12:09 AM
Hi guys, Im new in this forum and have questions about relocating to Canada under Skilled Worker program. My questions are:
a)If you are an international student in US holding Masters degree from an institution here in Texas but have been out of status for sometime (def of legal or illegal alien will be considered here), can you still apply for Canadian PR under Skilled Worker program?
I'm qualified for point system and could provide any document(s) they reqeusted.
b)How long does the whole process take? Im asking this because of time limitations here in US.
c)Is it a good idea to apply here in US or from my native country?

I'll appreciate any answers to these qeustions

Tsveta
09-12-2006, 08:33 AM
The applications from US are processed faster than the applications from other countries because the embassy is not that busy. It can take a year or more. Here is link with all the requirements: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/index.html

There is a self assessment tool to see if you qualify to apply.

Toni
09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Apply from where it will be faster. How long on average the process of documents takes in your country?

gmhouston
09-13-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm from Tanzania and I heard it takes up to 3yrs to get approved. Thats why Im thinking of doing it here (Buffalo). I'm also thinking on applying as a student at one of the universities there. My question is whether they will grant me a visa without checking my previous status in US. I've been here almost 10yrs with super clean record.. just missed couple of semesters during my BS and MS programs.

Tsveta
09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm from Tanzania and I heard it takes up to 3yrs to get approved. Thats why Im thinking of doing it here (Buffalo). I'm also thinking on applying as a student at one of the universities there. My question is whether they will grant me a visa without checking my previous status in US. I've been here almost 10yrs with super clean record.. just missed couple of semesters during my BS and MS programs.

From Buffalo should be faster. Did you check the link above to the Canadian citizen and immigration site? It's all in there. They need a police certificate from each country in which you lived for more than six months. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/police-cert/intro.html
If you don't have a criminal record than everything should be fine, I think.

lana
09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
3 years is an average to get your application processed. Maybe in Buffalo will be faster, I don't know. You can call them and ask them about the time frame. If your documents are in perfect order your application will be processed faster.