Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Are you willing to relocate?

bongi
09-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Hi all I've decided to post a poll about how willing are you to relocate if you find a tempting job offer?

lookingforjob
09-19-2006, 09:18 AM
I wouldn't relocate because of a job. Actually I might, but the offers must be very, very good and this usually doesn't happen because the company hiring can find a local candidate for less.

comehome
09-19-2006, 09:31 AM
If I have to, I'll relocate. Sometimes it's not easy to find the right job for you in the city you live and in that case you don't have much choice. For example if you are in IT, and you live in a small Canadian city, chances are that the IT jobs are few and far in between. Solution - move to a big city :).

mika
09-20-2006, 09:01 AM
I would relocate if I find a better offer. I came to Canada recently so am still settling.

Vera
09-21-2006, 08:35 AM
I am willing to relocate. I don't like commuting and if I find a better job I am willing to relocate.

comehome
09-22-2006, 07:51 AM
Relocating can be expensive and time consuming. Also if you work on 3, 6 or 12 month contracts, it doesn't make sense to move 2-3 times a year. If that's the case your better option is to settle in a place you like, where there are plenty of jobs. Sometime it might be better to wait a few more weeks to find a local job, instead of jumping on the first job opportunity far away.

contractor
10-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Relocating can be expensive and time consuming. Also if you work on 3, 6 or 12 month contracts, it doesn't make sense to move 2-3 times a year. If that's the case your better option is to settle in a place you like, where there are plenty of jobs. Sometime it might be better to wait a few more weeks to find a local job, instead of jumping on the first job opportunity far away.

I wouldn't relocate. I completely agree with comehome. If I was a newcomer probably I would because the job is the most important thing when you first come to Canada.

jason
10-06-2006, 10:10 AM
Hi,

We came to Canada last month. It's not what we expected though. I've started to look for a job but it turns out I need some certifications to practice and everybody is asking about the Canadian experience. I am an architect and I would relocate if I find a job.

jason
10-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Any tips on how to deal with the Canadian experience question? Most of the recruiters are asking about that but I am a newcomer….

morgan86
10-17-2006, 08:45 AM
Any tips on how to deal with the Canadian experience question? Most of the recruiters are asking about that but I am a newcomer….

I admire your courage! I wouldn't relocate for the world. All my friends are here and I love to travel but not relocation...Did you contact the Professional Association of Architects?

tosin
11-15-2007, 08:25 AM
yes i would love to relocate with my family if i have a very good job

igorwruppi
05-30-2009, 05:52 AM
YEs I would, unless its a really small town in the middle of nowhere. Nothing really ties me down. I will be able to find new friends and hobbys there.

greeneyes965
01-19-2010, 04:01 AM
I definetly relocate all i have are 2 dalmations and i would see if they could go with me