Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : accounting business

Jim
09-19-2006, 09:50 AM
Hi I have been in accounting for many years. I'm thinking of starting my own business. I'm sick of working on payroll. Any tips you can share from your own experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

metoo
09-19-2006, 09:57 AM
You need a business plan. You can't just setup a Canadian corporation and wait for the clients to show up. How are you planning to find clients? Have you found a suitable office space for your new business? Do you have enough funds to survive while your business is in its infancy? There are many more questions you need to answer before getting into this venture, but you get the idea.

Jim
09-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Well for a start I'm thinking to set up my home office. I have a spare room that I can turn into an office. I already have a couple of friends that I'm doing their taxes and they support me and will spread the word.

metoo
09-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I think it will be wise to advertise your new business, because chances are that in the beginning the business will be very slow.

philip
09-23-2006, 03:44 PM
I might know of an opportunity for some one to help with a company that has a need for a contractor (or outside small firm) to handle some payroll matters. Is that the kind of thing that you’re planning on doing?

Jim
09-26-2006, 08:46 AM
I am a certified chartered Accountant. I can do corporate taxes, payroll, personal taxes, you name it. I am looking for new clients and contracts all the time.

Thanks

philip
09-26-2006, 10:29 AM
great, not sure what the exact demand is but lets get you in touch with them see if you can work something out. Not sure if I am aloud to put my e mail address here but I will try or maybe you should hit contact philip@arrangecapital.com