Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Reliable agency?

anderson
02-04-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi, I am looking for a job in the financial sector. Can you suggest any reliable recruitment agency?

Vera
02-14-2005, 03:15 PM
Most of the big agencies are reliable, but sometimes small agencies can be very reliable too because they want to establish a relationship with their clients.

Ladyluck
02-22-2006, 07:22 PM
All agencies want to establish relationships, not just the small ones.

When I was actively seeking employment in years gone by, I would use the largest agencies as they have the most jobs, as well as the best paying jobs.

For finance sectory jobs, you'd definitely wanting to be looking at larger agencies as the bigger companies will advertise through them.

Toni
02-23-2006, 07:58 AM
It's not always a rule of thumb that the bigger the agency the better. A friend of mine worked for several years for GE and he was placed through a small recruiting company. Sometimes it's only a 2 people operation agency but with good connections.

contractor
03-30-2006, 08:30 AM
Almost all the time depends on the recruiter himself. If he is serious and he thinks you can get the job he'll get you an interview. The only thing with the big agencies is that most of the times they work with big companies.

Ronin
04-03-2006, 01:40 AM
It's not always a rule of thumb that the bigger the agency the better. A friend of mine worked for several years for GE and he was placed through a small recruiting company. Sometimes it's only a 2 people operation agency but with good connections.

Thats true, and not everyone wants a job with a big corporation.
Getting a job with a smaller firm may limit your promotional chances but can also provide the greatest experience.

lookingforjob
04-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Thats true, and not everyone wants a job with a big corporation.
Getting a job with a smaller firm may limit your promotional chances but can also provide the greatest experience.

In my experience you have to work harder if you work for a small company and the rates are lower usually. The big corporations look much better on your resume too.

Ladyluck
04-05-2006, 02:06 AM
I dont agree with that.
Its different everywhere.

Smaller companies will look after you better. Its more personal and you are treated with more respect and less likely to get sacked at the shake of a hat.

kokhua
04-13-2006, 08:51 AM
Hi, I am looking for a job in the financial sector. Can you suggest any reliable recruitment agency?

For financial job, you can try a CareerBank.com, it is quite an effective job finder with opportunities focus in banking, financial, mortgage and insurance position with direct established employers.

As for recruitment agency, it is hard to say as many of them operate pay for a job business which is totally ineffective, another word I can add to is "SCAM"

Bigscope Job For You! (http://www.bigscope.com/int.htm):)

lana
04-13-2006, 03:08 PM
As for recruitment agency, it is hard to say as many of them operate pay for a job business which is totally ineffective, another word I can add to is "SCAM"

I don't mean to be rude but doesn't your web site offer Paid resume submission and Paid job application? :confused:

kokhua
04-13-2006, 10:42 PM
I don't mean to be rude but doesn't your web site offer Paid resume submission and Paid job application? :confused:

My site is a only hand tool that supply mass submission and application service to job seekers in which it save them time, if they do it by themselves. And logically speak, you stand a greater chance to get direct employers calling you through mass application, but still it will not guaranteed you a position, the rest is still depned on your own self in terms of experience, attitude, skills and commitment.

As for SCAM, I am refering to are "pay to guaranteed a job" or "pay to guaranteed a high pay job" Many agencies and web portal offer that and when payment is made, the guaranteed never had been delivered. It happen in USA, South Africa, Singapore, Korean, China, Malaysia And UK. I don't know whether Canada got this problem or not.

Bigscope Job For You! (http://www.bigscope.com/int.htm):)

tomanus
10-03-2006, 09:53 AM
I am currently a US citizen living in the US and trying to find a strategy consulting job in Canada as a NAFTA visa holder.
I came across "Canada US Employment", Canadian employment service based in Toronto and founded by Robert Hort. Does anybody know anything about the company? What is the best way for me to access the Canadian job market?
Thank for your inputs
Tomanus

lookingforjob
10-03-2006, 12:10 PM
I am currently a US citizen living in the US and trying to find a strategy consulting job in Canada as a NAFTA visa holder.
I came across "Canada US Employment", Canadian employment service based in Toronto and founded by Robert Hort. Does anybody know anything about the company? What is the best way for me to access the Canadian job market?
Thank for your inputs
Tomanus

You can create new accounts with Monster.ca and Workopolis.com and publish your resume there. You can explain your visa situation in your cover letter. You can also publish a job request here in this forum:

http://www.jobforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=17

sstoute
10-19-2006, 12:14 PM
In response to trying to find a reliable agency...I work for a small boutique recruitment agency in Toronto and find some of the best advice I can give to someone who wants to work with agencies is:

- If you are given a great referral, use it!
- Contact agencies that have available roles in your field. Check there website out to ensure they will be able to provide you with assistance in the future.
- Ask agencies the tough questions...will you be presenting my resume? Do you have any interview tips for me? Is there anything I can do to make myself more marketable? If an agency is willing to help you and provide feedback, they will be of some value to you.
- Look for honesty and always follow up. You have to take the initiative to call and touch base from time to time.

If all of these areas provide you with a positive outcome, then you have probably found an agency that will truly help you in your job search.

I also recommend aligning yourself with 2-3 agencies that you feel comfortable with.

I hope this helps

Stephanie

Tsveta
10-20-2006, 10:12 AM
Great tips Stephanie!

A lot of job seekers don't know how to approach the recruiters and complain that nobody is returning their calls! These are real tips from real recruiter.

Don't contact just any employment agency, make some research first to get to the right people and always follow up!

ching
10-31-2006, 10:35 AM
Thank for your inputs
Tomanus

Hi, try calling the employment agencies. Some of them have offices in USA and Canada and they will be able to help you.

Tsveta
11-01-2006, 09:26 AM
Hi,
Here is list of recruiting agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1)in Canada.

Have you decided where in Canada you want to go?

ibarif1
12-18-2007, 10:41 AM
you are looking for reliable staffing agency? I wouldn't recommand you Brainhunter Inc in Ottawa. Brainhunter doesn't comply with Employment Standard Act and violating workers rights. Here is an small part my my recent bad experience with them.

A month ago, I worked on 2 months contract through Brainhunter. I started working, then they sent to me the contract to sign. When I read the contract I realized that I have to give them a month notice, in the other hand they can terminate my contract at any time without notice, and many other things in the contract where they over protect themselves but there is zerro protection for me.

I believed that Brainhunter is using unfair business practices and I refused to sign the contract. Guess what, they hold my pay cheque for over a month and forced me to sign. I went to them to pick up my pay cheque, the finance manager had contract in the left hand and my pay cheque in the right hand. She gave me the contract first and said: "you sign, I release your pay cheque". What I did at the end because I didn’t have any more money in my account.At that specific moment I did feel, I'm a dog "they show the ball and ask the dog to go and bring it when they through it and at that time they give him some thing to eat "

I was really mistreated by Brainhunter. I'm not sure I can forget my experience with them. c'est un Cauchemar!, and then I looked for another contract. I'm right now with Prologic and they are rushing to pay me weekly, even when I send my timesheet late. I'm paid $34 as Web developer and have a very good contract with Federal Government.

Again, run away from Brainhunter Inc.

I heard Calian is a very good agency, I'm working with Prologic for a month and till now every thing is all right.

Eric.Michael
12-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Why don't you just try and apply direct to a company and not worry about the agency. It is faster that way (see tips at -nowgetthatjob.com where I learnt to go direct to a company).

Swift
01-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Did you find an Agency? What employer where you hoping to work with?

swents8
02-05-2009, 06:02 AM
First determine which region in Canada you would be willing to work in (ie: pick out a city such as Toronto/Montreal/Ottawa) than do a web search with keywords JOBS+TORONTO etc. You should get quite a few results.

Additionally, you can do similar search with keywords "EMPLOYMENT AGENCYS+TORONTO" etc.

georgebuffet
07-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Hi There !!

Many recruitment agencies are available and you can serach for them in internet and try to choose one who get their agency fee from the employers.

Hope it helps :)