Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a job to get work permit

jmarsh
09-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Hi, I am moving to Toronto area and will need to find a job, but since I am not yet a resident I will need a work permit. Is there any jobs that will hire me knowing that I am not yet a resident? Are there specific job types that I will need to look for that are more prone to hiring a non canadian to help get a work permit? Just wondering, thanks.

lookingforjob
09-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Hi,

What kind of visa do you have? Does your visa allow you to work in Canada?

Tsveta
09-22-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi, I am moving to Toronto area and will need to find a job, but since I am not yet a resident I will need a work permit. Is there any jobs that will hire me knowing that I am not yet a resident? Are there specific job types that I will need to look for that are more prone to hiring a non canadian to help get a work permit? Just wondering, thanks.

You need a work permit or a skilled worker visa to work in Canada. This way you can apply for a SIN. Without a Social Insurance Number nobody will hire you. Where do you live right now? What kind of job are you looking for? Do you have any degree? Give us more details so we'll be able to help you.
For more info see: How to apply for a SIN - Social Insurance Number (http://www.jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=8)

Thanks