Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : How do i get them to take me?

steven0095
04-19-2009, 12:42 AM
There are so many agencyies but how do we get them to take us in? I don't really care if they take part of my pay i just want a decent job in Toronto! :confused::(

Tsveta
04-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Follow this thread for information on how to work with recruitment agencies:
http://www.jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=566

Swift
05-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Have you had any success?

steven0095
05-04-2009, 11:51 AM
not yet not even a e mail or phone call

kimkk15
05-21-2009, 01:36 AM
hello......

Most agencies won't take part of your pay - they take a percentage fee from the employer. There may be executive level recruiters that would hunt for jobs for people and take commission from the candidates, but I can't see anyone offering this service for entry level positions.

Normal agencies, all you need to do is send in your resume and let them know what kind of work you are looking for. They'll usually bring you in to interview you and forward your details to employers based on that.

jennyhicks
07-13-2009, 07:26 AM
I think it is important to utlise recruitment agencies. They offer jobs that are not advertised in the local press and can give an extra insight into the job itself and the employee ensuring the perfect jobs i found for you.

move5
07-16-2009, 10:26 AM
There are so many agencyies but how do we get them to take us in? I don't really care if they take part of my pay i just want a decent job in Toronto! :confused::(

Phone an agency that specializes in the type of job you want.
I am an IT professional and when I was desperate, I went to an agency and they got me a general labour job.

Maybe your definition of 'decent' is not realistic.

I wanted an office job and even though I could do it, there were people that have worked with the agency that had done that kind of work for them.
They chose choose the least risky employee.

move5
07-16-2009, 10:28 AM
I think it is important to utlise recruitment agencies. They offer jobs that are not advertised in the local press and can give an extra insight into the job itself and the employee ensuring the perfect jobs i found for you.

I think there is no job security with agencies.

georgebuffet
07-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Hi There !!

Many recruitment agencies are there, who will get thier commission from the employers, you can try choosing them so you will be safe.

Hope it helps :)