Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : In the process of Immigration

amittimilsina
04-23-2009, 01:37 AM
Hi,
I am Amit Timilsina from Kathmandu, Nepal. I am in the process of immigrating to Canada (I have already filed my case in Canadian High Commission and is waiting for result). If everything goes fine, I will come there with my wife and my kid next year (2010). I have completed MBS in Finance from Nepal and is currently working as Finance Manager in one of the leading Hydropower Company of the Country. My wife is also a Masters Degree holder in English literature. We have a kid of 1.8 yrs old. All I want to know is the prospectus of Job in Canada. Any job would do to survive initially. What are the possibilities of me and my wife getting job (survival) and raise our kid at the same time. What is the level of Income immigrants are earning initially? I would dearly appreciate if anyone answers my questions.

Tsveta
04-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Right now the economic situation in Canada is not really good. The unemployment is rising and there are lots of job cuts. If you have a stable job in Nepal I would suggest waiting 1-2 years before coming to Canada.

wbar147
04-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Right now the economic situation in Canada is not really good. The unemployment is rising and there are lots of job cuts. If you have a stable job in Nepal I would suggest waiting 1-2 years before coming to Canada.

Would it be possible if, when my family obtains permanent residence in Canada, for me to leave them there while I keep my job at our previous country of residence?

wbar147
04-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Would it be possible if, when my family obtains permanent residence in Canada, for me to leave them there while I keep my job at our previous country of residence?

My family is presently living in a third country where I am having a stable job.

Tsveta
04-27-2009, 08:37 AM
It's up to you...

wbar147
05-08-2009, 09:10 AM
It's up to you...
what I mean is do I have something to lose with regards to my Canada residence status?

I found the answer already...thanks.

kimkk15
05-21-2009, 02:40 AM
Hello....

Immigrating to Canada permanently is an exciting opportunity. However, there are several things you should consider before you apply to be a permanent resident.

If you want to immigrate to Canada, there are a few different ways to apply. You will need to decide which immigration program will work best for you and your family.

Find out about the requirements and the steps to apply in each category:

* Skilled workers and professionals
For people who want to settle and work in Canada (outside of Quebec)
* Quebec-selected skilled workers
For people selected by the Quebec government to settle and work in Quebec
* Canadian Experience Class
For people who have recent Canadian work experience or have graduated and recently worked in Canada
* Investors, entrepreneurs and self-employed people
For people who want to start a business in Canada
* Provincial nominees
One of Canada’s provinces or territories can nominate you to settle and work there
* Sponsoring your family
How to sponsor a family member to join you here if you are a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen

wbar147
05-24-2009, 09:40 AM

Regarding the permanent residence fee, should I pay it before or after the results from the medical check up arrive?