Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : stay at home

cin
09-26-2006, 06:16 AM
Hi
lm looking for a legitimate job so l can stay at home, and bring in an income. l have looked at all kinds of sites and they want money. Any suggestions!!

Simon
09-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Never pay money to get a job. This is rule #1. It is waste of time to look for a stay at home job on the internet.
Do you have any particular reason to stay at home?

lookingforjob
09-26-2006, 08:50 AM
Never pay money to get a job. This is rule #1. It is waste of time to look for a stay at home job on the internet.
Do you have any particular reason to stay at home?

I don't think looking for "work from home" job online is a waste of time. Internet is invaluable resource for job seekers and entrepreneurs.

The question is what kind of job you are looking for. I mean do you want to work for somebody or are you looking to start your own business. Working for somebody else is easier of course and usually doesn't involve any risks, but building your own business is many times more rewarding from any point of view.

Whitewave
01-17-2007, 06:47 AM
I am also looking for a Work At Home job using the computer. I have many years of secretarial experience and am older now and I would now like to stay at home and work. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to go about this process, (I am new) please advise. I, also, do not want to pay money upfront. I am interested in working for another company probably editing, typing forms, etc. Thank you:)

lana
01-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I am also looking for a Work At Home job using the computer. I have many years of secretarial experience and am older now and I would now like to stay at home and work. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to go about this process, (I am new) please advise. I, also, do not want to pay money upfront. I am interested in working for another company probably editing, typing forms, etc. Thank you:)

I can not suggest any company that you can contact but I know one thing - never pay upfront to get a job. All the scam companies that promise "big bucks" want money for registration, forms and what not... So steer clear of those companies.

jim1966
02-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I have to agree with the previous posts never pay to get a job, most are scams. I did some research on stay at home data entry work and what I found is that some companies out-source on a contract basis. They don't pay very much though usually between $8.00-$10.00 per hour or by piecework. There was a program link at the hrdc website for legimate stay at home jobs, technology is they key, some companies insist that for example you have a dedicated phone line to answer customer calls for instance, these costs are not usually funded by the company. Another thing I found out is that companies want you to work in thier office for a period of time before letting you stay home to do your job. On line surveys and paid e-mail programs are okay but most don't pay very much, use caution if you go that route and read the fine print.:)

Sandra
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
also avoid those envelope stuffing jobs where you have to pay to register. usually what you are stuffing/mailing is letters advertising for the same job. it's a scam, bigtime.

georgebuffet
07-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi There !!

I agree with Simon. All these work at home companies need upfront, but it is waste and loss of money for us. Better to try any other office jobs.

Hope it helps :)