Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : My Job Issues: When quitting & interview gets more complicated. *Story*

EddyKing
06-14-2009, 07:48 PM
I was planning to quit my job because: I needed more money, it wasn't challenging and i didn't like the hours. So i've talk with some coworkers for some advices. But lately my boss ask me if i was planning to quit, as maybe some coworkers told him i was planning to quit (i have a good idea of who it is...). I said no, because i wasn't sure that i'm going to get a job offer. (if i had said yes and i dont get any offers, i will stay unemployed for a very long time)

BUT! I get a new offer from my 'dream job'. What should i do and what should i tell my boss and when? (now, after the interview, or just quit when i get the job - i don't suggest this because i respect the 2 weeks notice)

Like every year before summer, my boss ask the employees if they are quitting. i said no. if i tell him that i'm quitting, what will happen? Is it working like a contract??

PS: My job offer start in July. No calls from my dream job for face-to-face interview (i passed phone interview)

PLEASE, HELP:(

Tsveta
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
First of all you have to make sure that they hired you at your new "dream job" and then quit. You can quit at any time, just give the two weeks notice (if it is in your contract)