Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Monster.ca

RRCSTUDENT
09-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Anyone checked out the Job Seekers Forum on Monster.ca?????? I noticed there are a lot less posters than in the past and was wondering where everyone went?????????????

lookingforjob
11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Monster's board was never any good in my opinion. No wonder people are leaving. Maybe some of them ended up here hehe...

contractor
11-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Did you see the new announcement about the contest? iPod Video!!! Get that form Monster :D

mattpiloto
11-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Monster's board was never any good in my opinion. No wonder people are leaving. Maybe some of them ended up here hehe...

I agree, I've used it in the past and never really found it all that useful. I find there's no substitute for networking or, failing that, plain old dropping your resume off in person to any company you are interested in working for. (especially big companies - they are almost always hiring someone, and are often willing to accomodate you if they decide they really like you.

newincanada
01-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I agree, I've used it in the past and never really found it all that useful. I find there's no substitute for networking or, failing that, plain old dropping your resume off in person to any company you are interested in working for. (especially big companies - they are almost always hiring someone, and are often willing to accomodate you if they decide they really like you.

Did you actually found a job through Monster?

contractor
01-31-2007, 12:47 PM
Did you actually found a job through Monster?

Monster is a good place to publish your resume online. The recruiters may call you without even publishing the job on Monster or Workopolis. So don't only look at their job postings but make your Resume public.

almo81
01-31-2007, 01:27 PM
Do employers (and I mean employers: Not recruiters) actually call you, just becase they saw you on monster?

I've been listed there for nearly 6 months now, and It hasn't happened once :mad:

Almo

contractor
02-01-2007, 09:00 AM
Do employers (and I mean employers: Not recruiters) actually call you, just becase they saw you on monster?

I've been listed there for nearly 6 months now, and It hasn't happened once :mad:

Almo

Yes Almo, this is the way I find most of my contracts. Most of the IT jobs go through recruiters. I don't expect an employer to call me...But something you probably don't know is that you have to update your resume regularly. They search recent updated resumes because they assume, if your resume is not updated, you probably found a job by now. ;)

almo81
02-01-2007, 02:24 PM
That most It jobs go through recruiters isn't new to me - Every job I've ever had came through either a recruiter, or a personal connection. Job boards never worked for me though(see http://www.jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=722 for details) - and YES, I still refresh my Resume. on a regular basis.

That Employers Actively search Job boards and contact Candidates is something all job boards claim, but I've never actually seen it happen.
Do you know of a case where the employer actually contacted you, after seeing your resume on a Monster et al?

Alon

contractor
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi Almo,
Yes I have been contacted by employers who found my resume on Monster but only twice.