Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : How is the IT job market?

prasoni
10-01-2006, 03:16 AM
I am planning to move to Canada from USA once I have my work permit ready, likely Oct end. I am curious to know how is the IT job market in general in Canada and what are the best places for me to search. If possible, please let me know specific to .NET, SQL Server experince of 3 plus years (and overall IT experience of 9 years).

Thanks much in advance! :)

Tsveta
10-02-2006, 07:56 AM
The job market in IT is very good at the moment. October and November are the best months for jobseekers. Lots of job opportunities. Have you decided where you want to go?

prasoni
10-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the reply! That was quite encouraging.

I would prefer to be in BC or Alberta. Howz the market there compared to Toronto? What is the best place?

lana
10-03-2006, 12:56 PM
Toronto is the bigest city in Canada, so - lots of job opportunities. Alberta's job market is booming too and I hear there are many job openings.

hmntl
10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Friends:

Im from Bangladesh, planning to migrate in Canada next year, and Im planning to manage a job at least a job confirmation from here. Ive got plenty experience in IT, and other official jobs, Im currently working here and besides my jobs I want to continue my higher study there. Now, the thing I want to know is what's the overal situation for assian people there, which is the best city for them and where I need to search for the job and what kina jobs are suitable esp. for the people like me, first time in Canada. I prefer doing something freelance there but I presume at the first instance that might not so easy...so could anyone suggest me the right and correct way? Please assist.

thanks every buddy...

:confused:

Tsveta
10-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Friends:

Im from Bangladesh, planning to migrate in Canada next year, and Im planning to manage a job at least a job confirmation from here. Ive got plenty experience in IT, and other official jobs, Im currently working here and besides my jobs I want to continue my higher study there. Now, the thing I want to know is what's the overal situation for assian people there, which is the best city for them and where I need to search for the job and what kina jobs are suitable esp. for the people like me, first time in Canada. I prefer doing something freelance there but I presume at the first instance that might not so easy...so could anyone suggest me the right and correct way? Please assist.

thanks every buddy...

:confused:

Hi,
Usually the big cities are better places for new-comers. Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal...
IT is an industry with lots of job opportunities especially for people with experience and skills. Check out our new Job Offers (http://www.jobforum.ca/forumdisplay.php?f=16)section.

contractor
10-05-2006, 09:12 AM
There is no "best" city for asian people. Canada is proud of its diverse people and you can go wherever you want to. You can start looking for a job at workopolis.com and monster.ca and see what the requirements are and what computer skills are most wanted. Do you have any University degree?