Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Resume' Automation

m9dds0ug
10-06-2006, 09:39 AM
HI! all Just thought I would add the topic of resume' automation . I have done this through Hot jobs , Monster , Workopolis , HRDC etc . It alows me to change up the resume to a different style once and a while to give the broadist viewing I have a long and short resume' and depending ont the place I am applying to I have the option of using either as well as editting my cover letter to suit each emplyer . Some of these sites supply a counter displaying the viewing history of your resume' .

mirinda34
10-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the tip!
Did anybody ever call you? I am in a process of posting my resume online but with the recruiters not returning phone calls I'm getting quite upset. Does this really work?

m9dds0ug
10-16-2006, 09:15 AM
Nobody has called yet Marinda but I have had some interesting back and forth emails . one from Farmont hotels at Lake Louise and one from a head hunting firm My problem is that I am getting close to retirement making it more difficult for me unfortunitly but at least you see the counter moving so sombody is interested some where . A heads up thought abought automation up load your resume' in word because more companies and employers use this form also have a long and a short resume online so its at the ready. Good to hear from someone good luck on your search.:) :)

mirinda34
10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! I guess I don't have any other choice do I :)

Good luck to you too.

m9dds0ug
10-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Funny isn't it your still in the early stages of your career and experiencing much the same as myself nearing the end of mine . The transitions I am trying to do you would think a no brainer for someone ( employer ) . I have a Five page resume' and my resume' consultant shortened it down to 2 pages . In one interview I got the feeling Iwould be using the medical plan too much . I am a diabetic so it a gotta have but its not too expensive fear of the unknown I guess for them . You also get you are just too over qualified for us . Would you start at minimum wage . No fun eh!You'll get something Honest :rolleyes:

lana
10-18-2006, 09:02 AM
The strangest thing is when you are young they want more experience and you are underpaid because of the lack of it. Then when you have 5 pages resume with all the experience in the world you suddenly are overqualified and again underpaid. It's ridicules!

m9dds0ug
10-18-2006, 10:07 AM
It hits you right to the core of how you are or have been all your life . Employment status leaves you I even have people and I mean close friend that are quite demeaning to me . LOL it's almost like they think that its catchy and if they ignore it . It won't happen to them . Do ya think there trying reverse phsycology. Don't know but its hard to take . All you can do is draw a line take a personal assessment regroup and go back at it so you yourself are not discouraged ya can always find a new friend one that may be constructive in your new situation even if it leave you a little red faced:o .

m9dds0ug
10-20-2006, 09:24 AM
After twenty five years of solid dependable work professionally I wanted to find work locally as I had travelled most of the 25 years . The employment counsellor said Do you realize your limiting yourself and then I was told that we would have to see if someone would take a chance on me . Now thats what can happen to you . Draw a line and move forward in a new direction if you must but move you must because it can be discouraging.:p

m9dds0ug
10-26-2006, 12:47 PM
You can now track you job applications history . It gives percentages of synergy between your application and the employers criteria also it tells you other jobs that other people have applyed for that applied for the same job you did . It also tracks the date applied and allows comments to be made by you .Givit a look it good I think.:)