Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Foreign diploma

jason
10-06-2006, 10:03 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if the employers in Canada recognize foreign diplomas. I am an architect and I have diploma from Poland.

Thanks

lana
10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
They do but it depends on the profession. You can check with the professional association of Architects in Canada and they can tell you if your diploma is recognized. You may need to take some courses though.

jason
10-10-2006, 11:01 AM
I am afraid I do. I have a Masters degree and I'm waiting for a decision. A friend of mine told me that probably they will recognize it as Bachelor degree...

lana
10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
This is common. I have a friend, she has a Masters in Arts from France and still she has to study now for one more year because she needs some credits....

jojoba
10-19-2006, 09:13 AM
I've heard that if you are a doctor or a dentist you have to start form scratch here. People who want to practice have very difficult exams and have to study for years.

lana
11-15-2006, 08:57 AM
I've heard that if you are a doctor or a dentist you have to start form scratch here. People who want to practice have very difficult exams and have to study for years.

They actually recognize foreign diplomas but in order to practice a doctor should pass 2 very difficult exams. I understand that in Quebec is much more difficult to become a doctor because they don't recognize foreign credentials and you have to start from the very beginning. It is very difficult to become a doctor there. The doctors’ clique is very powerful and they don’t admit new doctors even though they are struggling and people are waiting for months to get an operation. No wonder their medical care is in such a bad shape! :eek:

Tsveta
11-16-2006, 08:50 AM
They actually recognize foreign diplomas but in order to practice a doctor should pass 2 very difficult exams. I understand that in Quebec is much more difficult to become a doctor because they don't recognize foreign credentials and you have to start from the very beginning. It is very difficult to become a doctor there. The doctors’ clique is very powerful and they don’t admit new doctors even though they are struggling and people are waiting for months to get an operation. No wonder their medical care is in such a bad shape! :eek:

People are waiting in Ontario as well but I guess Quebec is worse!