Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Messed up before interview. Am I hopeless?

jjuice
08-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I recently received an opportunity to work at Best Buy. First off it was completely unexpected. I applied last night, today I messaged my friend who works there to put in a good word. Five minutes later I receive a call to schedule an interview. I was stunned and excited. So stunned, I completely forgot to write down the details. Anyways I remember it was on Monday at either 2 or 2 30 pm. Now I was getting so anxious and nervous that I didnt know what time it was, that I called the store and spoke to the hiring manager. I say "Hi my name is bla bla, I am calling to confirm the details for tomorrow's interview". Clearly, tomorrow is not monday, so I messed up because I was nervous.

Will the fact that I called back 3 hours after scheduling an interview, AND got the date wrong ruin my chance of getting the job? She giggled as I made the mistake and I quickly explained that it was a mix up. And she did clarify the details of the time and place of the interview, so it is still on for monday.

Tsveta
08-24-2009, 09:36 AM
I don't think you have ruined your chances to get hired for the position. but remember that on your next interview. If you don't remember at what time it was, don't call to confirm, just arrive early. It is always good to arrive 10 minutes early anyway...

hockey
09-11-2009, 01:28 PM
Same here. I don't think that you messed up and I believe that she just brushed the incident off. I'm sure she understands the excitement and tension that you felt because no matter what her position may be, recruiter, receptionist, employer, or whatever, she had experienced the same thrill and excitement that you felt when she got her first call for a job interview.

Funny experience you shared though. Hope you made it! Cheers. :)

bobby123
11-11-2009, 07:05 AM
messing up is always a good learning experience. learn from it!!

rachel44ggg
11-14-2009, 07:13 AM
I think you must arrive at exact time when ever you go for an interview.Be calm and relaxed at that time.:)

jhonny07
01-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Of course you did not besides its just a phone call confirming things well on the actual interview make sure you are calm don't be too nervous for nervousness would just make things worse