Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Diploma translation?

Olga
10-16-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi,
I have a degree form my home country in Engineering. Do the employers want actually to see the diploma? Do I have to translate it and make it legal? Did you ever go to an interview with your diploma in a folder?

lana
10-16-2006, 12:58 PM
I would suggest translating your diploma. Nobody ever wanted to actually see mine but if somebody inquires about it you should be able to show it. And you may need it if you want to study here. The University might want to check if you have already taken some of the courses, how many credits you have, etc.

meperidine
10-20-2006, 06:15 PM
With most of my jobs HR required a diploma or transcript (photocopies okay for the most part). This was always after the job offer, when I visit HR to fill out the paperwork, never on an interview. I'm guessing if they can't read it that will be an issue. I think you should have both a copy of your diploma and transcript. If they are not familar with the issuing institution, at least they can see what type of courses you took.

You mean you're a real engineer right, not IT? That's a professional designation. To work as an engineer you need a P.Eng. degree. So you will have to find out if your degree is recognized.

Olga
10-21-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks for your feedback.
I have a degree in Engineering but I work with SAP with has nothing to do with engineering....
But for a piece of mind I'll translate it.

Paul
10-23-2006, 09:38 AM
SAP is very well paid and I know there is a lack of qualified people around. What do you specialize in?

Olga
11-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Hi Paul,
I specialize in SAP Supply Chain Area, implementation and support of SAP R/3 MM, SD, PP, PM and APO modules. I really hope I can get a job in Canada when I come to settle next year.

lookingforjob
11-07-2006, 10:12 AM
Nobody ever asked to see my university diploma, although I had it translated. I'm an IT professional, but I guess it might be different for engineers or doctors for example.

Tsveta
11-07-2006, 01:47 PM
Hi Olga, do you need to get a Canadian equivalency of your diploma or you just need it in English?

Olga
11-08-2006, 01:00 PM
I guess I will only need it in English. What will be the difference?

Tsveta
11-10-2006, 09:26 AM
The difference is that if you were educated outside of Canada, you must have diploma evaluated against Canadian educational standards. For example if you want a job in the federal public service or become a member of a professional association, they will accept Foreign Credentials that are recognized in Canada.
There is a centre called Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials (CICIC) and they can assist you in obtaining an assessment.