Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : What about franchise?

ramaly
03-21-2005, 10:04 AM
Hi all.
Last month I went to the Franchise show and I got very excited about starting my own business. I am a permanent resident and I am not sure if the bank is going to give me a loan because of my status.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Tsveta
04-11-2005, 07:52 AM
In order to get a business loan you have to go to your bank and ask them what documents they will need. They would ask you for your business plan. As a permanent resident you have all the rights of a Canadian citizen so that shouldn’t be a problem.
Good luck!

trappercase
03-07-2006, 01:07 PM
What kind of franchise are you considering? I was looking into a pet food company called NutriZoo and was in touch with them last fall. They were looking for someone to take over the community in my area. I was all excited and drew up a bunch of questions and e-mailed them. I never got a response. I tried to call them and left messages and they never returned my call. I consider myself lucky I didn't get involved with a company like this.

Tim
05-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Thats strange how you show interest and they dont reply!
I would not want to get involved with them either, seems they aren't interested in helping you out at all.

workaholic
05-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah, it's a good thing that you found out how they were before you invested money into the business.

I'm not sure how helpful this will be but I found a list of franchise businesses (http://www.betheboss.com/franchise_directory.cfm?type=1) online. I'm sure there is one that will appeal to you and would be easy to start.