Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : JSW-ACCESSJune08-Share our experience!

ivyshao
06-19-2005, 08:01 PM
Hi I am Ivy...and Thanks to A.J. without her push, I won't be able to find this forum :p

Please share your experience with us!

RogerDeng
06-19-2005, 09:10 PM
It's good to transfer our experience sharing and discussion from email to bbs now.

Bobby
06-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Following the footsteps of dear Ivy and Roger, here I am. :D
Waiting for the rest to join soon. :) :)
So far, life has been much entertaining.
Spirits high, feeling challenged and yet refreshed. :)
Love to know how others are feeling at this stage.

ivyshao
06-20-2005, 08:50 AM
Love to know how others are feeling at this stage.

Since 3-day workshop and I started to look for a job seriously, sometimes I would feel very :mad: . :eek: :confused:

AJ Luo
06-20-2005, 11:23 AM
So far life treats me so good. One always lives with :mad: bitters & :p sweets, :confused: confusions & :o peace, surprise & mint. There is still a long way to go and explore. Whatever it is, I always try hard to enjoy every moment that comes to my life. Hope you all enjoy and keep up! Looking forward to good news continuing from one to one....

ivyshao
06-20-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi A.J.

We are looking forward to your news!!! whatever it is.. :)

BTW, if you like to play tennis, please call me and I may book it for you for free in my place. There is also swimming pool, table tennis, gym room.

ivyshao
06-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Hi all, give me some suggestions!

I called previous company branch again (I contacted hime about 4 times already :( ) and finally the man said he would arrange a lunch by the end of this Month and asked me to call back next Monday. What a long process! :eek:

But he again emphasized there was no opening yet and it would be just a talk. :(

So I guess the chance is only to Impress him during the half hour...Oh..what am I supposed to do? :confused:

RogerDeng
06-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Ivy, Nothing else I can say, but don't forget to ask the following three question:

- Whole view of your field or this industry in Canada
- How to be a qualified employee in this field
- Any other company related to this field, or any other company who have business with your current company

Good luck! Have a face to face talk is at last a progress.

AJ Luo
06-20-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi Ivy and all,

It was said that today I would be noticed of the follow-up of my interview, but yet comes. I called but reached the voice mail only and was informed that she was out of the office the rest of the day, so, I will give another try tomorrow. For sure will let you all know whatever it is.

Roger is right. A face to face talk is a very good progress and will deliver vivid perspectives to your target audience (hehehe... am using my media terms....) Roger's inputs are very valuable to the points. Some more ideas come to my mind for your reference -

1. talk him about your company in China, what is the market place, how is your companys business in China...etc. Anything you think could be interesting to share with him. I think it will help to give him the sense that you know the business, you are enthusiastic about the business and he is acknowledged a mutual information sharing, but not only he comes and gives you what you want.

2. by talking the Q1 mentioned above, I am sure you will be able to make him talk about the branch in Canada. I think you may focus on your interests with your company in Canada, then roll out to the industry / the competitors (other opportunities) in the market. I'm sure he will be impressed by your perseverance of showing your interests to the company. Once the opportunity comes in the future, you will jump to his head.

3. I like Roger's idea of 'how to be a qualified employee in the organization / industry'. You might also want to ask for his advice about any part time study (related to the field of course) that he thinks worthy of recommendation to you.

That's almost what I can contribute. Wish you a happy lunch and productive conversation!

Hey all, here I have some great entertainments for you. Since we all are from Aisa, I guess you might be familiar with the Dragon Boat Race. Now, this weekend, 25-26, Toronto Centre Island, gathering calls! I was told it's a big thing every year in Toronto. Some big companies are co-sponsors to the event, like General Motors, Procter & Gamble, Scotiabank, Atlantic Financial, wow!! long list! You may visit the below website to learn the details. The place will be filled up with lot of fun and great foods. I'm sure your experience with it will build on your talk topics with the locals, whenever you are in an interview (especially with those sponsoring firms) or meeting new friends. You can take subway to 'Union', and 5 minutes walk to the ferry to send you to the Centre Island. It's easy!

http://www.dragonboats.com/pages/dragonboat2005.html

Enjoy it!

AJ

Bobby
06-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Ivy, I know how you feel, believe me you are not alone.
However, let us look at the whole situation from a different perspective, we have worked hard so many years in Asia and now surely deserve some vacation. ;)
So Vacation it is. :D
I was sought after in my profession, never thought this day will come when I have to call and go from company to company for a Job. What frustrates me about Canada is that the whole system is awfully slow. You go to an interview you expect an answer right away, YES or NO, it is as simple as that. But this is not the case in Canada. I am getting tired of “Mr. Bobby that was a great Interview, I am sure you will be hearing from us again” but nothing after one week, nothing happens. My Canadian friends told me this is quite normal and sometime it takes as long as 3 or 4 weeks before they call for a second interview.
Guess what, it was MY choice :rolleyes: to move to Canada. So I have to live with it.
In the meantime, wish you all the best :D

Bobby
06-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Regarding asking for some leads from your previous company I’d like to share my experience.
I went to Hugo Boss, the German company in Canada. Here in Canada its operation is handled by a different company. :confused:
Up on talking with the Manager in charge, I understood he has no knowledge beyond the products in Canada, i.e., the manufacturing process, the design process. :confused:
The moral of the story is even it sounds exactly the same company the chances are it has a complete different operation in Canada. So please keep your options open.
By the way, it is always helpful to get some practical market information from someone in your field. So get the best out of the opportunity.
Good Luck. :cool:

ivyshao
06-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Hi A.J. Roger, Bobby

Thank you so much for your inputs! :p

Must be a tough dinner for me, and i'd better eat before lunch coz I need to speak a loooooooooot! :rolleyes:

sujata
06-28-2005, 05:08 PM
hi everyone,
why is the group so quite????
things have really slowed down,
where is everyone...........busy job hunting........... :confused:
cheers
sujata

Bobby
07-27-2005, 11:09 PM
well beloved friends,

Just a quick note to say that I am still alive and well.
Got a job on 27th May, had to move to Barrie, 120 KM from Toronto and stared on the 4th June.
I guess by next months things will be under control and I will be back to my normal posting. :D
Love to know how is others are doing? :confused:
Cheers

Bobby