Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Nobody is calling me back

ching
10-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Hi,
I've send my resume to so many recruiters I can't keep track of them and still nobody is calling me back. Am I doing something wrong? :confused:

lookingforjob
10-24-2006, 10:23 AM
What job are you looking for? What is your profession? Maybe there are not many jobs matching your skills and experience at the moment. Don't give you, as sometimes it may take a while before you find a job.

Tsveta
10-24-2006, 10:50 AM
You should follow up! This is VERY important part of the job search! Recruiters/employers receive between 100 and 500 resumes for a position. How would you make a difference? Call them, but don't call just anybody at the office and most important don't call the HR of the company, call the person responsible for hiring! If don't know his name, ask the secretary. This is a chance to get noticed, they will see that you are truly interested in their company. The tips how to enter the hidden job market (http://jobforum.ca/showthread.php?t=944) will help you with your quest.

ching
10-24-2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the tips! So far I somehow avoided calling the recruiters but maybe this is my mistake ...
I have experience working in Human resource

Tsveta
10-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the tips! So far I somehow avoided calling the recruiters but maybe this is my mistake ...
I have experience working in Human resource

Well then you know how it is. The HR people are the last to notice the job seekers, ironic isn't it?

I'm afraid I'll repeat myself but you have to Call them and Follow up, you have to get noticed and make a difference from the 500 resumes stacked on someone’s desk....

contractor
10-30-2006, 09:00 AM
True!
You have to make the effort. Only by emailing Resumes you achieve almost nothing. Call every other day but call employment agencies dealing with jobs in your field.

Well then you know how it is. The HR people are the last to notice the job seekers, ironic isn't it?

I'm afraid I'll repeat myself but you have to Call them and Follow up, you have to get noticed and make a difference from the 500 resumes stacked on someone’s desk....

ching
10-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks again guys!
I feel better now and actually this following up works. I had 2 calls already. One was a quick interview which I wasn't prepared for but next time I'll be!

:)

Nick
11-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Im no expert, but my friend once had the same problem.. she sent out about 200 CVs and nobody replied. I think its important that you show interest by following up with most of the companies you apply to..dont be too pressing or annoying.. give it a bit of time.. if after a reasonable time period they havent replied, email, or even give them a call to see whats going on..

Nick

mattpiloto
11-10-2006, 09:37 AM
You may also want to revamp your resume a little. Like someone mentioned, there are often hundreds of resumes to sort through. You need something that makes it stand out. Follow up calls are good, and above all, keep sending them out!

Tsveta
11-13-2006, 09:09 AM
A quick summary of the job search process: call recruiters, send Resume and Cover letter, follow up the next day and until you actually speak with them.

Ascended
11-19-2006, 07:54 PM
certain places get tons of applicants per day - ie. future shop, bestbuy, and they don't have the resources to deal with everyone, and basically, they look at your resume and if they aren't feelin you, game over unfortunately.. their lost