Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : List of companies in the oil & gas industry:

Tsveta
10-24-2006, 01:13 PM
I found one very helpful web site: http://www.careersinoilandgas.com/company/
They have profiles of 14 companies dealing with oil & gas technologies, oilfield jobs, and mining; all with offices in Alberta.

List of those companies:

BJ Services Canada
Central Production Testing Ltd.
DC Energy Services Inc.
Doran Stewart Oilfield Services (1990) Ltd
Enform
Halliburton
High Arctic Well Control Inc.
Lonkar Services Ltd.
NWP Industries Inc.
Precision Drilling Corp.
Pure Energy Services
Sanjel Corporation
Trican Partnership
Varco

Some of them provide New Employee Training.

futurepop
10-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Nice list you got there! I was curious do they provide you shelter when working on remote locations or you have to take care of that?

lookingforjob
10-26-2006, 12:14 PM
Lately I see lots of people on this forum asking about oil jobs in Alberta. Apparently this is a popular topic and Alberta's oil job market is hot.

I was wondering how is the IT market in Alberta (Edmonton, Calgary)? Are the salaries comparable to Toronto for example?

lana
10-27-2006, 08:47 AM
The IT market in Alberta is comparable to Toronto IT market. I have a friend who moved there last year. They have lower taxes than Ontario. :)

Tsveta
10-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi,
I'm adding some more companies in the Oil Drilling Field:

Offshore Jobs on oil rigs - www.offshoreguides.com
Petroleum Human Resources Council - www.petrohrsc.ca
Petroleum Place - www.petroleumplace.com
Pipeline jobs - www.oilonline.com
Petroleum Industries Training - www.pits.ca

Paul
10-27-2006, 02:05 PM
In adition to the large oil based economy Alberta has a strong high tech and computer software economy and they enjoy the lowest taxes in Canada with no PST!!!

Imagine that :cool:

lookingforjob
10-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for your replies. I like the idea of lower taxes :). One thing that worries me is that Alberta's winter is worse than the Toronto's one.

contractor
10-30-2006, 08:54 AM
Yes, it is colder than Toronto but the summer is not humid. You have to set your priorities. However you have huge benefit if you enjoy skiing... Think about that! :cool:

philip
10-30-2006, 05:06 PM
the list of firms in the oil&gas business, is pretty good, does any one know of an engineering directory of firms

georgebuffet
07-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Hi There !!

Thanks for the list. :)