Canadian Banks Canadian Loans

PDA

View Full Version : Please, can anyone help me?

Stefie
10-28-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi everyone,

I am desperate in finding a job in Canada, but I'm not sure which steps can be taken. I'm a USA citizen, but my heart does not say it so easily. I'm quite embarrassed to say I live in USA because of the big mess in politics.
My goal for a long time has been to make Canada my home place. I'm well traveled internationally, and have a good knowledge of many countries, and many I adore, but Canada is the country I have loved, still love and will love always and I know this is where I belong.
The problem is how do I find a company in Canada who is willing to take a look at my resume, willing to give me an interview, willing to take a chance on me?
Please everyone- any advise, help or direction is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Stefanie
yepporii@yahoo.com

Tsveta
10-28-2006, 10:26 AM
I'm glad you feel this way about Canada. What is your profession? Americans in general, find easily job in Canada. The so called “Canadian experience” is not a barrier for them because it's a North American experience anyway. The diplomas are recognized here and with more confidence you will get yourself to an interview. I would suggest you to publish your resume on monster.ca , workopolis.com and start contacting recruiting agencies (http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1). Contact agencies that have available jobs in your field.
The market here and the job seeking process is quite much the same as in USA.
Have you decided where in Canada you want to go?

If you have more questions don’t hesitate to ask. :)

Cheers

contractor
10-31-2006, 10:54 AM
Hi,
Look for a job in the big cities if you haven't already made up your mind where you want to go. Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Montreal, Halifax...
What do you do?

Ascended
11-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Yah, unless you have a criminal record, I don't see any reason why you can't find a job in Canada, just apply for a citizenship ship within three years, and start making the big bucks, watching hockey, and getting great health care

:D

RSTech
11-14-2006, 07:21 PM
start making the big bucks, watching hockey, and getting great health care:D
Careful, it always looks greener on the other side. There aren't necessarily big bucks to be made in Canada; this depends on a lot of factors. As far as watching hockey goes, if its NHL you're into there are more teams in the U.S. than in Canada. And great health care, this is relative of course, but a huge number of Canadians can't even get a family Doctor because of the huge shortage and waiting times at Emergency departments are terrible. Don't mean to bash, Canada is a great place to live and work; but its not all a bed of roses.

P.S.
Our beer is a lot better than American beer!