View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 11:35 PM

Default deciding between two jobs?

Hello there, im going into my first year of high school. I think i should have a good idea of what i want to do with my life so i can take appropriate courses in university. ive narrowed my choices down to two: becoming an engineer, or a pharmacist.

Engineering would be better because i do enjoy math and science. Plus engineering is something that has tons of more imagination and creativity, something i have plenty to share.

However, becoming a pharmacist has benefits too. I always did fancy the idea of being a doctor, but long hours, being on call often, and having to be comfortable around others bodies swayed me otherwise. Being a pharmacist allows me to be part of the medical field (and maybe hold the title "Dr."? ), but with more predictable hours (probably the hours that the drug store has), not being on-call, and not having to see others bodies as much. Plus when looking around on the net, they seem to have a better average wage.

Does anyone has some advice or experience in either fields and would help sway me in a direction?

Thaaank you PS: Is this the right forum for this?

edit:sorry forgot to say im in alberta, canada.

Last edited by z00mz00m; 08-27-2006 at 11:48 PM..