View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 05:47 PM

Default I think I was blackballed

I think one of my references is blackballing me. I'm not sure if this is general paranoia or something real; I am just going by my gut feeling now.

I have had two really good interviews in the last 2 months. At the end of each interview (once it was the second interview of a series of three) I get asked for my references. The interviewer makes it even seem like a formality, and they give the impression I will be hearing from them "very shortly". But I don't.

The last Interview I had was on Monday. I gave her all of my references and she said I would probably hear from her on Thursday. So when I got home, I sent a Thank You letter to both Interviewers and waited. Thursday came and by afternoon no one called. So I called. I asked what the status was on the interviews, she told me that she still had four more interviews to give this week. And that starting next week she will be going on a 10 day vacation. I'm sorry, but this seems like she is blowing me off. And the only thing that has changed is the references, and the thank you e-mails.

So what should I do? Keep going to interviews, not being entirely sure of what my references are saying? I asked all my references permission to use them, and they all agreed... So I don't see why anyone would say anything malicious.. At the same time, the tone in the interviewers voice on the phone was considerably different.