View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Default It depence if you can legal work in Canada or not and where you want to work.

If you are Canadian immigrant or you will be, the fast way I can suggestion is working through staffing agencies.

Please see bellow a agencies list and some of the web sites that helps.

Another thing, if I can suggest you, it is to come to Ottawa. I believe, it is the best city and great opportunities for immigrants to work for Government.

When I say immigrants, I'm talking about the ones who are willing to work hard to make their lives better, and not the ones who stay home and keep saying: "ah, it is easy for Canadian to get a jobs but not for immigrants".

Keep in mind, yes it is easier for Canadian to get a job than for us (immigrants). Why, because first we come from different environment (I don't want to use the word culture because it might be wrongly understood by some ones).

First we need to:
1- understands the Canada's environment;
2- Good communication is required in this country;
3- Be positive and not negative, even you send your resume 100 times a day and no one offer you job, not a problem keep sending, at some point someone will hire you for sure.
4- before sending your resume, it needs to be reviewed and adjusted the way managers will say: ”yes, this one is good fit for our position ”
5-willing to take and give: means here by take is non-stop learning and give non-stop helping….

I hope it helps; I’ll be able to clarify more in my next message