View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the advice. I made it through the second interview in Vancouver, and have been short-listed for a third and final interview next week with the chair of the board and a bunch of senior politicians. Only two candidates are apparently on that list and they are fast-tracking the process!

Now, I'm having doubts about the job. Great compensation package, the dream job that nobody could really refuse, especially in my situation. Jobs at that level are rare and tough to get. I've recently turned down several offers for lower positions, but obviously I can't wait much longer to find a job. But I wonder if this is what I what to do for the next 10 years. While I was being interviewed by the head hunter team, I was thinking that it would be great to work as a human resource consultant, putting my experience and knowledge to practice for other companies. So, my additional questions are:

What kind of training would I need to work for an executive search company as a recruiter?

Should I drop out of the current process now, before the next interview? Or should I wait until I get an offer, if I were to get one?

Thanks again for your advice.