View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 06:37 AM

aerowings:

first off, did you get your temp job through a staffing agency or on you own?

I am asking because this makes a difference.

I used to work within the staffing industry so I can share some insight.

If you are working the temp job through an agency, then technically the agency is your employer. You would just have to let the agency know that the job is not a fit for you and you would not like to continue that role.

The agency would then notify the employer and tell them you would not be continuing and they would then send another replacement in your place.

If you found this temporary role on your own - then there are different options as well. If you signed a contract before you starting working - take a look at the contract and see if it says anything about the amount of notice you may have to give in order to end employment. If there is no mention of a timeframe - then the minimum amount of notice is 1 week - where 2 weeks would be standard. Since you have only been there for a week - I would suggest you having a meeting with your boss and tell him/her that this is not the right role for you and that you would like to give notice. You might not have to even give 1-2 weeks as you may come to an agreement and end employment immediately.

Hopefully this helps....