View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM

I once left an interview but it was over the wage I expected. They asked what my expectation was and I told them. The 2 interviewers almost fell out of their chairs and said they can't pay that much. I explained to them it is the going rate for my profession and even pulled out the salary survey from my professional organization to prove it. They still insisted and so I politely excused myself. One interviewer was shocked and asked why I was leaving. I told them there is no point wasting my time and theirs. They asked if I would finish the interview. In turn I asked if they will reconsider the salary and they said no. Then I left, there was no point being there.

So I don't see any issue with leaving an interview. As far as this crazy lady goes, I wouldn't have put up with it. I have challenged interviewers questions in the past when the questions didn't make sense. I think some people let the power go to their head when interviewing and they lose their sense of decency and forget why they are there. Always remember, an interview is a 2-way thing. You are checking them out as much as they are checking you out. If you are not happy with the way they talk to you and conduct themselves in an interview then that speaks oodles about the company they are working for. After all, what kind of company has a crazy lady interviewing people? Its like they're saying keep away, go some where else.
www.rstechnologies.ca