View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 09:39 PM

Default Advice: Reapplying for a job I had an interview for in the past

Hello,

I wasn't sure this was the right forum for my questions... but here goes...

A little less than a year ago, I applied to a job and received an interview. I did not get the job, but about 4 months later, the HR person that interviewed me contacted me about another opening (same position, so I guess they were hiring more employees)... but I had already accepted another offer, and thus was no longer interested. However, now, about another 4 months later... I noticed another new opening (again, same position -- this is a relatively large company, so I assume they have openings every year, etc.), and I am considering it.

So, my questions are:

Should I email a cover letter + resume to the HR person I originally interviewed with (and who later contacted me), even though the job posting said to apply through their website? (Note that I have no idea whether the HR person even still works there... and I still have to look around to see if I have their email address)

Should I just apply through the company's website, and make mention of my previous interview (and the HR person I interviewed with -- I've been told name-dropping is good )?

Should I do both?

And, finally, if I'm lucky enough to get an interview... should/can I mention my previous interview with the company? (where this may come up is if they ask my why I am interested in the company, etc.)

Thanks in advance