Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM

I have a friend who is catering food and lunches to local offices. She contacted them by email and she has orders every day now. She doesn't have a license and she lives in L.A. I donít know about Canada.
You better check that before you start catering
Old 08-03-2007, 12:36 PM

This is what I would do. First I'll research the market & competition, then research business costs, and finally I'll make a decision if this business idea is worth my time.

My advice is don't over think it, don't over analyze. If the business idea is sound just do it.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:24 PM

Exclamation Asian Food Catering

Quote:
Originally Posted by limberloc_11 View Post
Hi All,

I'm thinking of starting a asian food catering business catering to lunches and dinner to local businesses, banquets and special events. I was wondering what is your take on the idea and how is the competition. I look for some info but not much is out there. This will be a homebase/family business so I don't even know if business is allowable.

Any ideas and if interested in some delicious fried rice/noodles dishes let me know.

Thanks

Have you ever been in the business?
Old 11-09-2010, 09:10 PM

No I havent and this will be my first time. Things are looking pretty good I got a few lunches in just renting a certified kitchen. Its good and lot of customer enjoy the food
Old 12-16-2010, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limberloc_11 View Post
No I havent and this will be my first time. Things are looking pretty good I got a few lunches in just renting a certified kitchen. Its good and lot of customer enjoy the food
Try to advertise that you cater for Christmas parties although my advice may be a little too late now...