Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 04-28-2008, 03:56 AM

Default What can I do?

Hi, I've been in canada for almost 2 years now, first year I was a visitor, did really nothing employment wise, then I went back to New Zealand last April, then came back in May with a Working Holiday Program work permit - which expires in 2 months. I started working here not to long after and found a job I liked, around february I gave them the forms they needed to fill out for me to stay, only to find out 2 weeks ago they didn't do it and weren't planning on it.

Now being in Alberta and hearing nightmares of LMO's taking months to do, and me only having 2 left, what can I do ? I don't have any skills/professions that can be used, and I didn't finish highschool where I'm from as I came here during the last year of it. I don't have much insight in what to do and from the looks of it, my only way to stay here is to work in a fast-food place and hope they do the paperwork/permit for me.

Can anyone suggest agencies or sites or anything that says who offers jobs with LMO's or something that can give me an idea?

Thanks alot.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:26 PM

you can study and get a student permit.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:01 PM

I was thinking about that, but I really don't know how I would, it says I would need a letter of acceptance, and all the NAIT courses I look at require full Gr12 English, can I go back to highschool and get that? Will any highschool allow me to go back ?