Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 06-18-2006, 10:11 AM

Cool Does this work?

Dear All:

I am new in this forum and already handed in application as a skill migrant into Canada. But it certainly will go through around about 1 year to have a PR visa. As for point tests, I got about 72 which is not bad, I thought!

In the meantime, my obligation to my employer will be ending in the coming 3 months. Heading for Canada is one next move! I am in construction management and project management fields with qualifications in M.Sc. (Project Management in Construction, Wits. University, Johannesburg) and B.Architecture plus 15 yrs in high rise buildings construction experience. As for professional regonizations, I am a PMP (Project Management Professional in Project Management Institute (USA) as well as an incoporated member in Chartered Institute of Building (UK). So in this case, do I have a shot in Vancouver more than other place around in Canada? What about Calgary? Based on my bilingual capability, will be more accepted in Vancouver? Hopefully, someone can guide me and appreciated for their opinion!

I can not wait for PRVisa granted after one year and Could I start this sentimental journey for job-hunting by tourist visa? Once, lucky I get a job. Can I change my tourist visa into work permit and wait for PRV granted?

Many thanks!

shwang/Taipei
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 PM

Sorry I am not familiar enough with this process to help you.
Can anyone else help?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:16 AM

Hi,
If your bilingual skills are important to you, you should apply to immigrate in Quebec or after you get your visa you can go to Quebec or New Brunswick. This provinces are truly bilingual.
As for the tourist visa, you have no right to work in Canada if you don't have a SIN number. That’s the law. You can't get this number without being a permanent resident, so if I were you I wouldn't do that.