Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password
View Poll Results: Top 10 reasons why people quit their jobs
I don’t like the general atmosphere at the office. 0 0%
There is a lack of team-work at the office. 0 0%
I have a lousy boss. 0 0%
My colleagues dump all to work at my desk and are very inconsiderate. 0 0%
I don’t feel challenged and often got nothing to do. 0 0%
My co-workers are always getting in my way. 0 0%
I do not feel appreciated and I have never received a bonus or a positive feedback. 2 66.67%
There are no advancement opportunities. 1 33.33%
I spend most of my time working and I don’t have time for myself and my family. 0 0%
My job is very stressful and I’m exhausted by the end of the day. 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Top 10 reasons why people quit their jobs

Top 10 reasons why people quit their jobs
You like your job but you hate your office, co-workers and your boss. If some of this signs apply to you maybe it is time to change the work environment.

1. I don’t like the general atmosphere at the office.
2. There is a lack of team-work at the office.
3. I have a lousy boss.
4. My colleagues dump all to work at my desk and are very inconsiderate.
5. I don’t feel challenged and often got nothing to do.
6. My co-workers are always getting in my way.
7. I do not feel appreciated and I have never received a bonus or a positive feedback.
8. There are no advancement opportunities.
9. I spend most of my time working and I don’t have time for myself and my family.
10. My job is very stressful and I’m exhausted by the end of the day.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:43 AM

I think one of the main reasons people quit their jobs is they don't feel appreciated and they are swamped at work and don't have time for their family. The employers are so efficient that they don't give you a break, you are so tired of deadlines and finally you just quit!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:51 AM

Main reason is probably unsatisfied with the wage, but for me, it tends to be more about the people I'm working with, especially the person in position, rather than any other reason.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Working is a burden inlife.

Hi
I am Nita. My view is;
The #1 reason is that "working is a burden in life".
No body want to get up and go to work only that they have to.
Everybody have to report to someone.

Lets do a little experiment. If you know of a country where it is illegal to work. All will be paid for by a person who is zillionair rich. Would you not be the first person to migrate there?

Only the Boss love to come to Office. Because thats the only place he can be the ruler or the King of the country(office). If you are a boss yourself, you will look forward to go to work everyday. Believe me.

If you ask yourself why do some millionairs/billionairs still go to work his money will last him 10 lifetimes. I'm sure you ever ask yourself this question " He is billionair rich, why does he still have to go to work everyday?"
The real answer is because of the treatment they received at the office or in their building the respect from their employees. Having a lifestyle of a king even in a small office is difficult to give up. That is human.

So what i am saying is that the #1 reason mentioned above is the one and only reason that exist in this world. Others are just an excuse to cover reason#1 because it is necessary for most to remove reason#1 from their head, to still feel good about working or else evryone will quit working today.

My husband and I, we both work from home spending few hours on the internet. Although it is still a burden because it is still "work" atleast it is better than working for others.

Nita.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:04 AM

Hi Everyone,
The results of this poll are interesting because most surveys found lousy manager or issues with managers to be the leading reason why people quit.
Note that in many cases, the general atmosphere at the office and work issues are largely due to managers: whether they play and encourage petty polictics or foster good collaboration and excellence.
Closed Thread