Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Job Offers & Requests > Job Requests
User Name
Password

Old 11-21-2008, 08:46 AM

Question Chances of getting job using spousal open work permit

Hello everybody,

I am a new member of this forum, I have few queries regarding getting job in Canada. Hopefully I'll get some replies....

I am having a spousal open work permit and have masters degree in computer Sc. over that have 4 yrs of experience in a major IT company in India. I registered in almost all the leading job sites, but not getting a single interview call.

Is it happening because of spousal open work permit? Any body in this forum wrking in IT holding open workpermit?

Please let me know. We r new to this place, so do not know any body.

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:13 PM

Hi there, are you in Canada or in India?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:31 PM

Hi Tsveta,

Thnx for your reply, yeah I am in Toronto now and have an open work permit valid till 2010.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:46 AM

You should be more persistent and contact recruiters and employers yourself. Don't wait for someone to call you. You have to make at least 20 calls a day to get a job and especially in this difficult economic times...
Old 03-19-2009, 06:56 PM

Default re-spousal open work permit

Hi Tsveta,

I am also new here in Canada and just arrived last Feb. 24, 2009 from the Philippines. I just want to ask the details of coming here using the spousal open work permit. I have a work permit for two years as a low skilled contract worker. Can I also invite my wife to come here in Canada as what your status is? If yes, may I also ask the requirements... thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Neo