Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 12-11-2006, 04:28 AM

Hi,
Thanks again.
I go along with that. It really takes time so it’s also long to wait, and frustrating if you’re solely on the waiting list looking forward to nothing or didn’t make it. I have this colleague who hailed from there teaching both in a language schools. Back home he tried to get a teaching job but unlucky because he didn’t qualify the employer's requirement even though he has suitable qualification. From him to be hired, as a teacher must show strong asset to the interviewer and must have eligibility like passing intensive screening especially producing Certificate of Qualification. What I’m trying to figure out here is that getting a teaching career there is bit difficult so how much more if you do application outside Canada. Most school sites I’ve been with require personal interview, and going there to apply to become a member of the regional board is a little risky. Think what might happen if they didn’t consider you. That’s what I’m speculating about.

It’s very true that ESL teachers are needed all over the country coz people from all around globe get there to learn, and that’s why I’m trying to come up with some ways to get a job through friends and your helps. Application drives me nuts but I still won’t give up dealing to the whole bag tricks.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:10 AM

I don't want to discourage you but I really doubt you can find a teaching job if you are not in Canada.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:32 AM

Thanks, Tsveta. I sent my documents to the Canadian Immigration Consultancy already, which gives service of offering job opportunities, possible chance for immigration, additional venue for earning income, and insurance coverage though it’s a documentation to be Canadian Ready. This serves as my guide to get the right, correct, and precise job info from the employers wanting to hire me. I just hope this will work.
Thanks again to your details.

Shan
Old 12-13-2006, 12:27 PM

Is that an Agency that fills out your documents for you and send them to the Canadian Embassy?
Old 12-13-2006, 11:46 PM

Hi again,

From the previous assessment I’ve been through said I’m qualified to work and live in Canada, but I’ve just been again from an assessment and unfortunately this Immigration Consultancy advised that as of the moment, I can not apply yet for an immigrant visa because I did not reach the passing mark. The factor that affects my qualification is the years of working experience, which is only two years work experience, (must have at least 4 years work experience) and for a single applicant with no relatives like me in Canada makes it more complicated. Canadian Immigration Consultation suggested then one way to get there and that is by going under working visa or having an employer. In order to have a work visa/employer then should be Canadian Ready, which means that the required documents must be available and ready when the employer notified me about his interest to hire me. In this service (Consultation on the Documents to be Canadian Ready) offered by the immigration consultancy, they will guide me to the right documents that I should have so that when an employer notified that he'll be hiring me, I’m ready to go. However, the services, guidance in the documentation to be Canadian Ready, job opportunity is only given to the person who availed of the contract, which really is essential for the start up. I am not certain exactly about what they can do but I think so that they’ll send my completed documents to the Canadian Embassy. I will share the developments soon if there are.

Shan