Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > General Chat > General Chat
User Name
Password

Old 03-04-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Discuss Mutual Fund(s) in Canada here Please..

Hi,

I'm really new and dont know anything about Canada.

Planning to go there in next year.

Just wanted to know all kinds of Mutual Funds in Canada.

The good ones and the bad ones, please keep posted here.

How much they are offering? Is it included life insurance? (I'd rather not)

Or some companies that we can invest our money in there (shares, foreign exchange, etc)

Please give me some information that you know.

Thx b4,
Old 03-05-2007, 08:32 AM

I recommend getting a personal financial advisor. When I first started investing I was just going through my bank and it wasn't a good experience. My investments were doing poorly and every time I went into the bank the person I saw the time before had moved on so I would be introduced to a new banker every time. Now I am with a smaller company and have a personal advisor. She knows my all about my family, my business, and my financial status. This helps her make informed recommendations for my investing and insurance.

I have numerous mutual funds; I try to spread them out to diversify. I have AIM Trimark, Franklin Templeton, AGF, Fidelity, and a few left over CIBC and RBC managed funds. They are all working well for me, the lowest had a 10% gain over the past year and the highest was close to 40%. They all offer different products with varying amounts of risk. Again, this is where a personal financial advisor is very useful, to guide you toward the right type of investments.
www.rstechnologies.ca
Old 03-06-2007, 04:34 AM

That is a very good advice

Can you tell me how much for the Personal Financial Advisor?

And yes it is very good to spread the investment.

Can you tell me the highest return from mutual funds in 2006? The top ten?

And how much for the minimum investment?

Said about 40% p.a, what is the fund?

Thx b4
Old 03-06-2007, 07:51 AM

I don't pay anything directly for my financial advisor. She receives a commission from the mutual fund companies which build their costs into your funds. I don't know which were the best performing funds in 2006, you would have to ask a professional. Minimum investments vary from fund to fund. I have a fund where I only put $50/month into. I have another that was a minimum $15,000 investment. They are all different.

The European funds did well this past year.
AIM European Growth Fund, AIM-595 was 36.346% this past year.
AGF European Equity Class, AGF-811 was 31.260% this past year.
Numbers are from Feb20/2006 to Feb20/2007
www.rstechnologies.ca
Old 03-07-2007, 10:31 AM

The $15,000 minimum was exactly that, a minimum investment. For that particular fund you couldn't just put in $100 per month. You would first have to cut them a cheque for $15,000 and then you could add to it after that in whatever amount you like.

AIM has lots of different funds. Some with high minimums and some with low. I just purchased another AIM two weeks ago and it was a $10,000 minimum, that was AIM7913. Again you should really talk to an advisor and they will help you get on the right track. My investments are for long term and are fairly aggressive funds with medium to high risk. Your situation may be different.
www.rstechnologies.ca