Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 03:45 PM

Usually sellers on ebay have their items in categories, and it doesn't matter if they are misspelled or not, as searchers will see all auctions within that category.

I can see what you are saying, however I dont think it's a very reliable business model!
Old 03-08-2006, 08:03 AM

No, not a business model but a way to find some cheap inventory for ebay. I'm not sure about the category arguement though. If I am looking for a pair of Levis and the seller is selling Levys, the Levys will not show up in my search.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:57 PM

Being a mother of a 2 year old myself I can't spare 5 hours a day to work. It is just impossible. 2 hours, well maybe. I’ve red in a magazine about running a home business for stay-at-home moms. You need to set a goal first, how much would you like to make for example. One of the women in that magazine wanted to make the same money she received as maternity benefits so she started musical classes for babies and toddlers and now she reached her goal and thinks of hiring people and starting more classes.
Just an idea…
Old 03-08-2006, 07:57 PM

I think it depends how well behaved your children are!

If they are quiet and are happy to amuse themself, you could definitely spend around 4 hours per day working.
If they are a little hyperactive though, you'll be lucky to get one hour of work in a day.

I would suggest sending them to daycare at least once a week so you can catch up on work.
Old 03-18-2006, 09:19 PM

Lightbulb Have you tried Affiliate Programs?

Have you by chance tried looking into joining some affiliate programs on the internet? It is really simple to set up and can literally make money for you while you sleep. Affiliate programs are easy to set up with little or no cost. Clickbank has a marketplace full of affiliate programs you can choose from. I have a website at [EDIT: NO SELF PROMOTION ALLOWED] that has the marketplace in case you want to view what it looks like. That being said, I am not here to sell anything, you will not pay anything to view my site, I'm just offering this to show you an example of what kind of affiliate programs are available. I hope this may help. Take care.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-18-2006 at 10:14 PM..
Closed Thread