Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Canadian Labour Legislation
User Name
Password

Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 AM

Exclamation When do I receive my ROE?

My previous employer has told me that I won't receive my ROE upon termination and that I will have to wait until my severance is complete. Is this typical?

I would like to apply for EI, but I guess I have to wait until I receive my ROE after my severance has finished?

Thanks,

Vbort44
Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 AM

How long till your severance is up? You can not apply for EI till your severance is complete well i'm sure you can open your claim but you won't receive any money till the severance package has run out.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:11 PM

I have one month's severance...
Old 02-02-2009, 03:09 PM

Here is an exerpt from the Service Canada website:

"To receive regular benefits you must submit an EI application online or in person at your Service Canada Centre, even if you receive or will receive money when you become unemployed.

You must request your Record(s) of Employment (ROE) from your last employer as well as from any employer(s) you worked for in the last 52 weeks. Submit your application as soon as possible whether or not you have your ROE(s).

If you are having difficulty obtaining your ROE(s) from your employer(s), we can help. Go to your Service Canada Centre or contact us at 1 800 206-7218. One of our agents will advise you how the ROE can be obtained or what is needed to calculate your claim.

Delaying in filing your claim for benefits beyond 4 weeks after your last day of work may cause loss of benefits."
www.rstechnologies.ca