Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2008, 03:46 AM

Default Make Your Resume a Priority

Hello,

People planning to look for work in Canada or USA should revise their resumes prior to applying for work via the web or through an immigration consultant. Consultant's do not write resumes for you and they do not have expertise in this field. Their main objective is to find you work placement. As an HR Consultant, I have received 100's of foreign resumes and unfortunately 85% of the resumes get bypassed due to lack of information, formatting issues or poorly written. I can't stress strongly enough how important a professional resume can get you noticed. Resume requirements/information is quite different in Canada and USA as opposed to other countries. For example, you need a strong Suummary, well laid out, stand out knowledge, skills and abilities. Many resumes I have received either come with pictures, look like a book, bad spelling or include personal information. I have recommended HRinmotion.com to many individuals either locally or out of country for many years. They provide professional job preparation tools via the web, in person and by phone. They provide professional resume services as well as online training course. I definitely recommend them before going out looking for work.

Wishing you all much success in 2008!

Regards,
Mark
Old 03-13-2008, 04:56 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to juju
Post Resume

You're quite right Mark, from previous experience in applying jobs here in Canada. They are particular with your CV, not written properly will just be binned. Make sure you write down under each of your past and present jobs description, what you do. Experience play a part too. Good Luck everyone!!