Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 03-01-2006, 04:44 PM

Default EBay business

Does anyone here run an Ebay business?

I want to do this as I know it can be profitable. The only problem is I dont know what to sell!

Where do people get large amounts of stock to sell on Ebay?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:39 AM

I am very curious too. But maybe you need to decide what you want to sell first and then research where to get it from…
Old 03-02-2006, 04:27 PM

Some people use "dropshippers"
Basically that is a company that delivers everything for you, you never see the stock yourself, you are just the middle man.

Keep in mind this can be risky if your dropshipper is unreliable.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:01 PM

If you are looking at getting into business on eBay then make sure you file it under the tax returns. People have known to get stung from eBay/PayPal reporting earnings to the government without them declaring it.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:12 PM

My suggestion would be to invest a little bit of money into it. Buy a wholesale lot of something. Shop around for a good deal, at flea markets, on the internet, garage sales... Search for wholesale suppliers on the internet. Find something that costs $20 for one, where you can buy 10 of them for $100 somewhere else, then sell them for $15+. Then you can build up your investment to the point where you can buy large amounts of products and resell them. There's a lot of money to be made in that. You can also buy ebooks that have lists of all kinds of wholesale sources. I have one of them.