Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 09-28-2006, 04:42 AM

Question a question asked during a job interview. can anybody help?

questions:
1. Was there any big problem ever happened in your life?
2. Why you think it was a big problem to you?
3. How do you solve the problem?
4. What is your big learning from it?
Old 09-28-2006, 08:43 AM

I've never been asked such a question but I guess you have to figure out if you had such a problem in your life and explain how you dealt with it. They just want to see how you work under stress and how you handle difficult situations.

A similar question could be: What was the most difficult assignment you have completed?
Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 PM

thanks for your reply, tsveta.

the answer i gave the recruiter is that: the big problem in my life is passing an exam for a course which i have scarcely attended, then i used my methods and techniques and finally got through. and my "big learning" is: always know what resources you have and then make full use of them.

i know my anwser is not appropriate, but i can't find any better one. i don't remember if there is any "big problem" in my life, and even if there is, i believe i definitely could not get any what so called "big learning". maybe the biggest problem in my life is anwering this question so far.

actually, i am a student approaching an end for my master's degree. tsveta can you help me think of a "big problem" and a "big learning" appropriate for me? e.g. something stucked me in study or school/social activity, and how i tackled it wisely.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:45 AM

I think you've answered very well. Your problem is big enough for a student!
You are not a CEO to have BIG BIG problems. Your answer was appropriate.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Fabulous Answer Last Interview

First thing he asked was "Do you have any questions?" Well, I'm in Toastmaster's and something happened to the pin on my blazer. I was able to FIX it, but it got me wondering if they, Awards Canada, did any work with Toastmasters. I asked, and he wasn't expecting that question, and YES they do have a contract with Toastmasters International. Another good question is, "According to your web-site.......". That way it shows you checked out the company before you went in for the interview!