Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 01-13-2009, 09:45 PM

Smile Applying for too many jobs

hi there. Im basically graduating this semester in engineering and im applying for lots of jobs. Some online, some during career fairs. Now the question is when i get a job interview, or a phone call for a job interview, is it normal to ask about the job i applied for. I mean would the employer think that im not taking it seriously. Bcoz i think that i shouldnt commit to couple of jobs hoping to get a hold off, instead i feel that applying for a lot of jobs will increase the chances. Please can any body express their point of view. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2009, 09:07 AM

I don't think it is wrong to ask the interviewer for which job he is contacting you. They don't expect this is the only job application you've made. Normally they will introduce to you and will mention for what position they are calling.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 PM

I also agree with Tsveta. However, if you meant that you want to ask the interviewer what the job is about because you are just plain not sure what it is, then that is fine too. It may help to do a little research about the job and/or company before hand, but if you do not, it is ok. Companies don't expect everyone to know what they are about and what each position will consist of. All you can do is be as professional sounding over the phone as you can, because that will be better for you in the long run.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:38 AM

You should keep track of each company and the jobs you applied for with the company. It may make you look like you just threw out 100 resumes if you don't have an idea of what job you applied for with that company. When I hire and have someone from my office call, if the person doesn't know what job they applied for with us it kind of questions how much passion they have for that job and how serious they are taking it. We usually will still interview them but it is a bad mark on their job search sheet.
Old 04-06-2009, 05:04 AM

Wow!

It is good to see so many people taking initiative and giving us a good info on Job Interview. Thanks a lot for sharing it.

While the resume is the gateway to the professional world, it is the job interview from where your real fight begins. It tests your ability to handle different situations that might come your way in your professional life. There are specific strategies, which if followed carefully, guarantee success at the job interview. One can get to buy books from the market that specialize in tips regarding handling a job interview. A job interview is the most important part of a job search process. Since the entire thing is a practical experience, it can be said that theoretical guidelines can only help you to certain extent.