Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 03-14-2008, 12:12 PM

Default Post Interview Follow Up

I have a question and a comment regarding post interview follow up. First the comment, I find it very frustrating when you actually get the interview, it goes well and then you hear nothing for days or weeks. If they are interviewing ten candidates or less I would think a quick e-mail or phone call that says yes you are proceeding to the next step and it will take x number of weeks or no your application will not be pursued would not take too much time.

Now the question, do you send an e-mail asking the employer for feedback on the status of your application? I went to an interview, everthing seemed to go great and made the mistake of not asking at the end of the interview what the next step would be and how long it would be before they made a decision. Now I am waiting and wondering if I should contact them to ask for some feedback.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:58 AM

You have to follow up asap. This is also part of the job hunting process. Following up is an important part after the interview. It shows that you are interested in the job and is an opportunity to speed up the process. I know it is very frustrating when you don't get any call from them but unfortunately this is what most employers do after the interview. It has become some kind of a trend lately...
So don't get discouraged and call them the day after the interview. If you were sent there by recruiter, call him/her after the interview.