Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 05-04-2010, 09:37 AM

Wink Intimidation Tactics

I think in an ideal world, many people would say "What should I have done in that situation?".
Why not use it as a learning curve instead. Obviously she was there to see if she could intimidate you and gage your replies to her questions and attitude, but if your interviewer was looking helpless in the situation he obviously wasn't expecting her actions either.
Don't let one persons actions put you off your goals.
After going through probably your worst interview it can only get better. If you kept yourself calm throughout the process, perhaps you passed her test, and also kept your own integrity.
In future consider looking past an antagonistic person to someone more reasonable and ask calmly, "Is this how I should expect to be treated if I were to get employed by this company?" If their reply is non existant or suggests that, "Yes this is what to expect", do what has been suggested and stand, excuse yourself, thank them for their time and exit.
That way you can be proud of your actions and maybe they will question their own.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:30 PM

I think she had already picked someone else to hire and she was just looking for a reason not to hire you.
Lots of places hold interviews because they have to even though they have already picked someone to hire.
You were in a lose-lose situation, leave and not get hired, stay and not get hired.