Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Self Employment in Canada
User Name
Password
Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 12:32 PM

Default work at home

Some people are making some money off of the google adsense program.
If you can come up with a website that people will visit, you can make money when they click links on your site. the links are usually relevent to the subject matter of your site. You can do a search on highest cost keywords and see what subject matter you could make you website about.

anyone can do this, even for free if you can find a free web host that doesn't interfere with the google ad. even if they do, you can still put a google search bar on your site and suggest visitors use it to find more relevant information.

If you make enough, you won't need a real job, just keep up with what is the highest returning keywords.

Good Luck
Old 02-26-2006, 04:11 PM

I can imagine making a few pennies from this, but enough to quit your real job?

Hmm, as nice as that would be, how could one do it?
Old 03-04-2006, 11:52 PM

The trick is finding a good niche where you can get a lot of traffic. Search engine optimization is key. Building up your website's PR is important. If you can manage to build up a website with high traffic with a specific category, you can pull in some good income through adsense.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:27 AM

As I've stated in another thread, YPN (Yahoo Publisher Network) is receiving better payouts, if lower Click Through Rates.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:41 PM

It would be nice if you could replace you "workin' for the man" income with Google adsence income, but you would need a ton of visitors. I moderate on a forum where I get one fifth of the revenue. The membership is over 6000 and several hundred unique visitors daily. I get about $125 a month and I feel lucky. I think affiliate ads would be the way to go.
Closed Thread