Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 04-23-2009, 04:18 PM

Unhappy I am so depressed not even a single phone call!

I have contacted every agency and applied for every job i am qualafied for! I am currently lliving in kingston ontario and am moving to Toronto in a few weeks so thats where I am applying for jobs. BUT Not even a single call??????????

I don't get it i spent 20 to go to school to get high grades and get my 3 year college diploma in business information systems.

I look very young am attractive dress very well and get along with EVERYONE! I am such a hard worker motivation always on time and am great in English! I just don't get it! I don't have high expectations I just want something decent and Entry level like a call center or help desk yet NO ONE CONTACTED ME!

I spent hours working on my resume and made it perfect & also made a nice cover letter.

I am willing to travel anytime 3 hours by car to Toronto for an interview any day any time of the week even.

Its just so depressing like it does not even make sense! I could understand if i was expecting something big but all i want is a simple entry level position in the BIGGEST CITY In Canada! I am not even picky pay wise and would be willing to work min wage as long as its a good company.

What I do not get is not even an agency has taken me in yet! They took my friend in who has less experience who is older, and who I USE To help in school! We graduated together.

This is just so depressing I mean I have done everything right not a single thing wrong yet I am getting no responses? I just don't get it!

A person told me that it was useless to try and use monster to apply for jobs because they will never contact you. At first I totally doubted him but now i am starting to believe him.

If sites like monster and Workopolis are pointless then where on earth are we suppose to go? The newspaper?

Sorry for the rant I am just so sad seeing all this education and experience going to waste!
Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 PM

Right now the job market is really bad. The unemployment is rising every month and is really tough to find a job. It is not only you on the job market but thousands of people who got laid off...

What you may want to do is to start calling recruiting agencies and potential employers. The recruiters are known not to return phone calls and emails if they are not interested (very rude indeed) but you have to try. You have to send at least 100 resumes to get a response. Don't get discouraged, entry level positions are hard to get even in a good economic environment.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:43 AM

I know you say it is all perfect..... which I believe you it is. Have you had anyone critic your resume? Maybe they can help you advertise yourself better? Good luck
Old 05-16-2009, 01:23 PM

i know how u feel, i applyed to many jobs but right now ther only take the best cause there is to many applicants for one job so the employer has the best position to hire who fits the best since he has so many choice.

be patient, it always takes ages. but when i get a job they all call back wel usually like this for me.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 AM

I think it’s best to have a positive attitude at this time when employment opportunities are hard to come by. Maybe you should submit your resume to more companies and why not use the social networking sites to look for a job. Sometimes it works.

Last edited by marf1273; 07-22-2009 at 04:15 AM..