Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 11-22-2006, 02:08 PM

Default Need help with Application Form

Hi guys

I'm from UK, i have completed about 5, 6 application forms for retail shops (sell clothes etc) such as Marks & Spencer apart from the last sections where they ask about qualities and customer service etc. I don't know what to write

I applying for a Sales Advisor/ Sales Assistant job and i am struggling to answer these kind of questions.

1. What qualities can you offer us?

2. Why do you want to work for us?

3. How would you provide a good customer service?

Could anyone help me answer these questions please? Thanks
Old 11-22-2006, 03:12 PM

These are very typical questions for a job interview. You are the only one who can answer these questions; okay, you can say that you are hardworking, dedicated, team player, like to sell clothes, with good customer service skills...
Old 11-23-2006, 09:44 AM

To provide good customer service you have to be pleasant, nice, and patient, always smile, never disagree with a client, and always try to help the client or show him an alternative. That sort of thing.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:44 AM

Thanks alot guys. I really appreciate it.

Lastly, somebody agency people asked me whether i have worked towards any targets while at work and i couldnt answer it properly at that time as i had never thought about this question before.

This is the job description:

Duties include: Assisting in the overall running of the department, providing an efficient sales service to customers, cash handling, operating fitting room, assisting customers with general enquiries/ complaints, display and movement and storage of stock.

The job description is above and i dont know what exactly to write for this question.

Have you ever worked to towards any targets?
Old 11-24-2006, 12:11 PM

Your target could be to sell more than the previous sales rep. or to greatly reduce the complaints …. Be creative!