Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 12-31-2007, 12:27 AM

Default looking for IT job in Canada

Dear All,
I am Cambodian living in Cambodia, I have BA and Master degree in IT skill more than 5 year experience working with international organization in Cambodia. Now I want move to work in Canada, does someone can give me some advise how to find good job and how to apply?

I would appreciated for your advise.

Best Regards
Boly

Last edited by chenboly; 01-02-2008 at 02:22 AM..
Old 01-06-2008, 05:45 AM

Default Before you start to search...

Hi,

I wish you much success in looking for work. As you start submitting your resume to employers and job board, you may want to insure that your resume is professional and sells your experience, knowledge and skills on paper. The job search can go to waste is the resume is poor. Nothing is worse then spending ours sending our resumes, only for employers to place you in the "no thank you" pile. I would suggest the following steps:
Prepare your resume
Send out resumes
Refine your interview skills.

HRinmotion.com is a well known job preparation company that may be able to assist you with your resume and interview skills. They work with high profile companies throughout Canada and US as well as global job seekers.

A few job boards I would recommend are:
monster.ca
bctechnology.com
workopolis.com
canadajobs.com
careerbuilder.ca

If you require any additional information, I would be more then happy to assist.

I wish you much success in the new year.

Regards,

Mark

Last edited by Tsveta; 01-13-2008 at 09:37 PM.. Reason: Plese put links in Signature. Thank you!