Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Finding a Job in Canada
User Name
Password

Old 03-03-2009, 05:54 PM

Default How do you find a job in Canada from the UK?

The title says the lot really, i'm willing to join agencies via websites, but ultimately how do I actually have a job guarantee from London? Surely employers will want an interview with immigrants but if i'm in London that would surely stop such a process from happening? There must be some way that I can be guaranteed a job from London, fly out to canada and start to work rather than going to the expense of flying out there, spending and wasting money looking for jobs that are not guaranteed and end up with nothing?

Ultimately my question is: Which websites/agencies cater for people across the world to apply for jobs to work directly in Canada who are not currently there?
Old 03-06-2009, 02:36 PM

It depends of what you want to do. What kind of job are you looking for?
Try workopolis.com , monster.ca - major job search engines with lots of job adds.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lana View Post
It depends of what you want to do. What kind of job are you looking for?
Try workopolis.com , monster.ca - major job search engines with lots of job adds.
Well yes it does - i'm ideally looking for IT junior roles or admin work and the only admin work on workopolis seems to be with like 3-5 years experience and there's only about 40 something vacancies in entire vancouver there. What i'm really looking for is an agency based in canada or elsewhere that I could get in touch with that specifically caters for immigrants - is there such a thing?

What I mean above is like this: Certainly I know of someone who's working as a nanny in the UK and they are going to vancouver in a few weeks now with a job waiting for them as they are in touch with an agency that obviously goes right around the world with them. So i'm looking for other agencies like that, but i'm not looking to be a nanny myself ;-)
Old 03-25-2009, 04:46 PM

I did the same and you,i applied from UK for about a year and now i'm actually in Canada at the moment looking for work because i got so annoyed.i thought it would be easier but its turned out not so easy.Sure i can go to interviews in person and i've even been offered jobs,but the minute they find out you dont have a work permit and that they have to apply for an LMO before you can get a work permit,they usually pull out and you waste your time.Im also trying to find agencies that deal with foreigners like us,but i've had no luck.Its illegal to hire anybody if they dont have a work permit,so they generally wont help....even tho you need a job to be able to get one....Its a neverending merry-go-round,but i'd say just keep at it and try to find a loophole,i know it works,i know people who have done what we're doing,but finding that one person/company that's willing to thru the process is the hard part.

best of luck tho,let me know if you have any luck
Old 03-26-2009, 10:32 AM

It makes it very tough to get a job in a place you are not living especially when even locals who are qualified for jobs are having a hard time getting them. In all reality and to be blunt I think you would have to move here to have a great chance of getting the job unless the job would be acquired through business connections. It is always tough even if someone lives far away in the same country to get them interviewed for the job process. I have seen more and more job postings saying "locals only" as of late.