Welcome to the Job Forum Canada forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

Go Back   Job Forum Canada > Employment Discussions > Job Interview, Resume and Cover Letter writing, Job resources
User Name
Password

Old 05-30-2009, 06:16 AM

Quote:
I spent hours working on my resume and made it perfect & also made a nice cover letter.
You need a new cover letter for every job.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:23 AM
Banned

Default Re:I am so depressed not even a single phone call!

Hi There !!

Dont get depressed. Job hunting includes all these situations and we need to overcome all these stages to get a fruitful job. Try , Try and try again and you will succeed.

All the best
Old 09-24-2009, 01:42 PM

Default Re:I am so depressed not even a single phone call!

Someone mentioned this previously and it is currently an employers market. There are few jobs and a lot of job seekers so the competition to secure employment is tough. If you have skills and determination, you will find work - it'll just take a bit longer. It really is a numbers game. The more jobs you apply for, the greater the liklihood that you'll secure employment - just don't give up!
This may seem like a shameless plug, but if it helps you it's worth it. I work for a large media company and I manage a job site called LocalWork.ca. There are a number of jobs in the Toronto area that might fit your needs. Best of Luck!
Old 12-16-2009, 11:02 AM

Default The Cover Letter, wins the interview NOT the resume!

Hi everyone,

The cover letter is the 1st thing that employer see's! After the see your cover letter then they see the resume! so an effective cover letter is much more important!

How to make it perfect! you say you have and you have got skills; maybe it's only perfect from your perspective! (even though employment are down; ppl are still hiring people).

* cover letter should be based on keywords; that one of the main trick..

need any more help and links - let me know!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:17 AM

Default I may be stating the obvious

I may be stating the obvious but how good is your resume? Is it comprehensive? Does it truly capture your capabilities, skills, experience, qualifications etc, etc.
And for each resume that you send out when you apply for a job ... needs to be focussed on (targeted to) the actual vacancy.

Then your cover letter has got to be good. It's got to get the recruiter 'want to' open up and read your resume.